For over 50 years, Yurek has set the standard of pharmaceutical care in Southwestern Ontario. From product and medication recommendations, to community outreach programs, to diabetes consultations and flu shots, we are committed to providing our clients superior products, advice, and services to help them get the most out of life.
Yurek Specialties Limited is a state-of-the-art processing facility in London, ON, which features the latest equipment to support the processing, production, and delivery of medical supplies and infusion equipment, along with related supplies, to the Elgin, Norfolk, Oxford, London-Middlesex, Huron, Perth, Grey, Bruce and Grand River counties.
We are currently looking for a customer- and team-oriented full-time Registered Pharmacy Technician to join our Yurek Specialties team in London, Ontario.
The Registered Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting the pharmacists in properly dispensing and checking medications and perform technical duties as set forth by the Ontario College of Pharmacists. The Registered Pharmacy Technician aids in the processing of the prescriptions by accurately prioritizing the sequence with which they are completed. The incumbent will prepare infusion and TPN medications following USP 797 Guidelines. They will also process, prepare, and bill orders as well as participate in inventory management.
The incumbent will be required to continually meet the standards of the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) and USP 797 Guidelines. They will follow all policies and procedures while using their superior knowledge of overall workflow to assist in tracking progress of a service request from its receipt to final delivery. The Registered Pharmacy Technician talks with clients, their agents, CCAC staff and medical professionals cooperatively. The successful candidate will have a focus on accuracy, the best interest of the client, and continuous improvement.
Education, Skills and Job Requirements:
- Completion of High School diploma
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma from an accredited Community College
- OPC Certification as a Registered Pharmacy Technician (RPh.T.) or eligible for certification by OCP as well as Community College Accreditation
- Specialized Aseptic Technique training either on or off-site preferred.
- Possess and Maintain relevant knowledge of USP 797 & NAPRA Standards.
- Familiarity with Kroll Dispensing software would be an asset
Yurek has a very competitive compensation package and other perks including:
- Opportunity to receive discretionary cash bonuses twice per year
- Health/Dental/Life insurance benefits package, where the cost is shared between the employee and Yurek
- Education Assistance Program for approved courses to upgrade knowledge/skills
- Free coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit available
- Waived dispensing fees at pharmacy as well as being able to purchase all retail and home healthcare items at cost
- Opportunity to work in a family business where you immediately are treated like family and have an opportunity to grow quickly
Job Type: Full-time
- DCS / DEC (Required)
Qualified Team Players are invited to apply online by October 6, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
Yurek is committed to a barrier-free respectful, and accessible work environment. Upon individual request, Yurek will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.