For over 50 years, Yurek has set the standard of pharmaceutical care in Southwestern Ontario. From product and medication recommendations, to community outreach programs, to diabetes consultations and flu shots, we are committed to providing you superior products, advice, and services to help you get the most out of life.
We are currently looking for an organized and experienced Pharmacist/Designated Manager to join our Yurek Pharmacy and Home Healthcare team in London, Ontario.
The pharmacy practice at this location is small enough that the client/community needs can be largely met by the Pharmacist/Designated Manager with no assistance. This position currently does not have any direct reports but as the business grow, we could require hiring other pharmacy staff to support. Although there are other staff at this location, their responsibilities are to service clients’ home healthcare, compression stocking, and Ideal Protein weight loss program needs and they report to the Retail Sales Manager. They would be able to support the Pharmacist / Designated Manager on an as needed basis.
As a Pharmacist, they provide client counseling and act as a resource person to all staff and other professionals including nurses and doctors. They check prescriptions received and provide authorization to release medications. In accordance with the Drug and Pharmacies Regulation Act (DPRA), the pharmacist named as the Designated Manager assumes significant responsibility for the management and operation of the pharmacy only at this location.
For purposes of this document the definition of a "Designated Manager" is a pharmacist licensed in Part A of the Ontario College of Pharmacists’ Register who is designated by the proprietor of the pharmacy to be responsible for the operation of the pharmacy and have authority over decisions affecting the operation of the pharmacy.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that they are aware of their responsibilities as a Designated Manager as specified and regulated by the OCP and uphold all obligations according to standards
- Acts as Pharmacist in the dispensing of medication to clients, providing with individual consulting as requested and/or needed.
- Provides support to area professionals including but not limited to doctors, nurses and other allied health professionals, providing in-service training as required
- Supervises delegated work to non-pharmacy staff members ensuring that is completed according to requirements
- Schedules relief pharmacists as needed
- Assists in the preparation of the annual marketing and financial budgets, and works within final approved budget
- Audits quality control systems within the department according to a pre-determined schedule. Prepares a report of these audits for review by Senior Management and schedules follow-up audits as required.
- Pays attention to store security and follows store policy about shoplifters.
- Ensures the pharmacy has the equipment, consumables, and library per appropriate standards and that they are maintained, up to date, and in good working order.
- Ensures the pharmacy complies with all appropriate standards, laws, regulations, and other legislation.
- Responsible for inventory management and procedures for appropriate removal or destruction of unusable or expired drugs and devices in the pharmacy.
- Conducts an inventory of all narcotic, controlled drugs and targeted substances at according to regulated standards, ensuring that all losses of narcotics, controlled drugs and targeted substances are reported to the appropriate authority, developing and submitting any action plans required by the College.
- Represents the pharmacy as directed for promotional and community support purposes
- Develops community involvement programs to increase exposure..
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient records as laid out in store operating policies and procedures particularly as they pertain to access, security, and retention.
- Follows all workflow procedures that are used within the department.
- Takes the necessary courses to upgrade their own skills.
Education, Skills and Job Requirements:
- Holds a B. Sc. Phm. or similar.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a community pharmacy.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Three (3) months experience in dispensary software an asset.
Yurek has a very competitive compensation package and other perks including:
- Opportunity to receive discretionary cash bonuses twice per year
- Health/Dental/Life insurance benefits package
- Education Assistance Program for approved courses to upgrade knowledge/skills
- Free coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit available
- Waived dispensing fees at pharmacy as well as being able to purchase all retail and home healthcare items at cost
- Opportunity to work in a family business where you immediately are treated like family and have an opportunity to grow quickly
Qualified Pharmacy Leaders are invited to apply by submitting their resume online on indeed.com by May 29, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
Yurek is committed to a barrier-free respectful, and accessible work environment. Upon individual request, Yurek will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Company pension
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Wellness programs
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Pharmacist: 5 years (Required)
To apply, please visit the link via Indeed: https://ca.indeed.com/job/pharmacist-designated-manager-fda9481d60833524