For over 50 years, Yurek has set the standard of pharmaceutical care in Southwestern Ontario. From product and medication recommendations, to community outreach programs, to diabetes consultations and flu shots, we are committed to providing you superior products, advice, and services to help you get the most out of life.
Yurek Mobility is proud to support our clients with delivery, set-up, repair, and maintenance services for various home medical and mobility equipment options (including wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, and lifts) to keep our clients independent and on the move.
We are currently looking for an energetic and organized full-time Service Technician who is a strong team player to join our team in St. Thomas, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Mobility Department Manager, the Service Technician sets up rental equipment in clients’ homes, builds equipment for sales persons, assists in the installations of lifts in client homes and completes repairs on equipment at the warehouse, in client’s homes or in Retirement and Long Term Care Facilities. The Service Technician may receive requests to complete appropriate work from external sales persons, inside sales, the Mobility Warehouse Technician, and occasionally other Yurek managers.
Education, Skills and Job Requirements:
- Grade 12 Education or equivalent
- Experience in the health care industry preferred
- Completion (or ability and wiliness to complete) certified training courses by relevant manufacturers as required
- Ability to provide clean driving abstract annually
- Ability to provide a clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Four to five years of related experience
- Familiarity with use of hand and power tools
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail
- Familiarity with suppliers and mobility products is ideal
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter and able to communicate well with clients and staff
- Excellent math skills to prepare and produces invoices, quotes and receipts
- Ability to work safely in small spaces such as attics, and in extreme temperatures as required
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, unassisted, on a regular basis
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- St. Thomas, ON (Preferred)
Qualified candidates who are ready to make a big impact to our team are invited to apply online on indeed by March 13, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection. Yurek is committed to a barrier-free respectful, and accessible work environment. Upon individual request, Yurek will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.