Job Posting #S083017
Yurek Specialties Limited
Apply by September 5, 2017
For over 50 years, Yurek has set the standard of pharmaceutical care in Southwestern Ontario. From product and medication recommendations, to community outreach programs, to diabetes consultations and flu shots, we are committed to providing you superior products, advice, and services to help you get the most out of life.
Yurek Specialties Limited is a state-of-the-art processing facility in London, ON, which features the latest equipment to support the processing, production, and delivery of medical supplies and infusion equipment, along with related supplies, to the entirety of the approved South West Community Care Access Centre region. This encompasses the Elgin, Norfolk, Oxford, London-Middlesex, Huron, Perth, Grey, Bruce and Grand River counties.
We are currently looking for an experienced Logistics Supervisor to add to our fast paced, energetic Delivery team. The Logistics Supervisor will be reporting directly with the Operations Manager and Senior Management on a daily basis. If you are looking to join an exciting growing business with a great team of professionals, then this is the position for you.
Logistics Supervisor will primarily be responsible to coordinate and oversee the delivery functions for multiple Yurek sites to ensure work is being performed according to established standards. The incumbent will use their logistics experience to look for continuous improvement opportunities and implement efficiencies. The Logistics Supervisor will responsible for scheduling delivery drivers and oversee run routes to ensure optimal use of resources. They will provide employee communication, training, and champion consistent excellence for all their direct reports. This role will also ensure the effectiveness of employees through strategic hiring, assignment of duties, performance management.
• Lead, guide and direct drivers over multiple sites to include setting targets, monitoring performance, providing coaching, counseling and development
• Accountable for the management of an efficient, clean and safe delivery operation to include dock planning and set up schedules
• Enforce understanding and compliance with all Company policies and procedures; safety rules and government regulations
• Involved in and makes recommendations in the hiring and termination processes
• Review and revise driver schedules to increase efficiencies and to lower cost
• Responsible for coordination equipment procurement, preventative maintenance, repair, and redeployment (delivery vans) over all sites
• Review delivery movement schedules and communicates with drivers regarding customer delivery expectations
• Communicate with customer regarding scheduling problems; interactively solves customer concerns
• Conduct continuous analysis of vehicle and driver assignments; analyzes and implements scheduling for possible consolidation to increase efficiencies and reduce cost
• Conduct safety interviews with the driver to include: post-accident reports, WSIB interviews/reports, notice of violations interviews with drivers and road observation discussions with drivers
• Conduct safety training as needed following vehicle accidents, a workers compensation incidence, road
The Logistics Supervisor must possess the following:
• High School Diploma
• Preferred completion of post-secondary education, ideally in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or related field
• Leadership experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in related field
• Experience using route planning software
• Experience using MRP programs
• Knowledge and demonstrated use of standard logistics concepts and tools, logistics compliance, and 3PL
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
• Strong communication skills, including conflict resolution, and people management skills
Yurek offers competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities.
Qualified, interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by September 5, 2017 to email@example.com
Yurek is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Yurek will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Yurek is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Yurek Pharmacy Ltd. will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.