For over 50 years, Yurek has set the standard of pharmaceutical care in Southwestern Ontario. Headquartered in St. Thomas, Ontario, Yurek has four divisions to meet our clients’ healthcare needs:
From product and medication recommendations, to community outreach programs, to diabetes consultations and flu shots, Yurek Pharmacy Limited is committed to providing you superior products, advice, and services to help you get the most out of life. Yurek Specialties Limited is a state-of-the-art processing facility in London, ON, which features the latest equipment to support the processing, production, and delivery of medical supplies and infusion equipment, along with related supplies, to the entirety of the approved South West Community Care Access Centre region. Yurek Home Healthcare offers access to thousands of home healthcare products and equipment options designed to promote accessibility, independence, and quality of life. Yurek Mobility is proud to support our clients with delivery, set-up, repair, and maintenance services for various mobility options to keep our clients independent and on the move.
We are currently looking for self-driven and analytical Health & Safety/HR Coordinator with great communication skills to join ourteam in our St. Thomas, Ontario Yurek Pharmacy & Home Healthcare location. Under the direction of the Director of HR, the Health & Safety / HR Coordinator works with leaders and employees to help minimize the risk of job-related accidents. They monitor operations to eliminate hazardous activities. They also develop policies to promote occupational health and safety (OHS) awareness. This position is responsible for planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of health, safety programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. They also provide support in human resources including recruitment, onboarding, and dealing with employee inquires.
The responsibilities for the Health & Safety/HR Coordinator will include:
· Uses knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) regulations, Employment Standards Act (ESA), Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Canada Labour Code, and other relevant legislation and regulations to advise the Company and help minimize the risk of job-related accidents/illnesses/injuries
· Collaborates with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues, participating or leading in investigations as required and ensuring that an appropriate corrective action is implemented
· Under the oversight of the Director of HR, develops and communicates company health & safety policies and procedures as well as Wellness initiatives
· Ensures proper investigation, documentation, and corrective actions are received and completed correctly for safety-related incidents/accidents/near misses, keeping appropriate records
· Creates, organizes, and conducts Health & Safety and Wellness training and communications including for new employee orientation, annual required training, and special topics.
· Ensures Joint Health & Safety meetings are held and attends them at all required sites, meet with H&S Representatives on a at least a quarterly basis.
· Verifies that monthly safety audits are happening at all sites, tracks results, and ensures corrective actions are identified and completed in a timely manner by area managers.
· Liaise with and report to official regulatory bodies on OHS matters
· Makes recommendations and assists in sourcing safety supplies and products. Purchases supplies, products, or training items as appropriate and required.
· Audits MSDS/SDS binders to ensure that the MSDS/SDSs for applicable products are present, available, and up-to-date at each site.
· Occupational Illness/Injury WSIB Claims management responsibility including; filing claims on time, liaising with claim adjudicators, and ensuring proper medical/functional ability documentation is received as agreed upon intervals/frequency, develop and monitor plans with the supervisor/manager with regards to early and safe return to work through RTW program.
· Non-Occupational illness/injury case management including ensuring proper medical/functional ability documentation is received as agreed upon intervals/frequency, develop and monitor plans with the supervisor/manager with regards to early and safe return to work through RTW program.
· Tracks all active leave of absences ensuring that proper training/retraining is completed upon their return as appropriate
· Provides support at all stages of the recruitment process for assigned areas including updating the job description, developing a posting, screening resumes and sending to leaders for review, conducting pre-screen phone interviews, scheduling and participating in interviews, assisting leader in incumbent selection, and completion of reference checks.
· Provides support in other HR areas as required and assigned.
· Completion of High School diploma
· Completion of Post-Secondary degree or diploma preferred, ideally in health & safety, human resources, or related field
· Proven experience as safety coordinator or similar
· In-depth knowledge of OHS guidelines and practices
· Experience in reporting and developing policies
· Experience in implementing OHS training programs
· Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Excellent communication and advisory skills
· Diligent with an analytical mind
· Possesses a high level of technical expertise, ability to apply skills to continuous process improvement while maintaining maximum levels of safety,
· Excellent communication skills, strategic thinking abilities, ability to influence
· Strong planning, analytical, organizational and follow up skills
· Excellent people and process management skills
Yurek has a very competitive compensation package and other perks including:
- Opportunity to receive discretionary cash bonuses twice per year
- Health/Dental/Life insurance benefits package, where the cost is shared between the employee and Yurek
- Education Assistance Program for approved courses to upgrade knowledge/skills
- Free coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit available
- Waived dispensing fees at pharmacy as well as being able to purchase all retail and home healthcare items at cost
· Opportunity to work in a family business where you immediately are treated like family and have an opportunity to grow quickly
Qualified energetic team players that are passionate about H&S/HR are invited to apply with their resume online at indeed.com by May 27, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
Yurek is committed to a barrier-free respectful, and accessible work environment. Upon individual request, Yurek will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Wellness programs
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply, please visit the link via Indeed: https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=HR%20Coordinator%20Yurek&l=St.%20Thomas%2C%...