For over 50 years, Yurek has set the standard of pharmaceutical care in Southwestern Ontario. From product and medication recommendations, to community outreach programs, to diabetes consultations and flu shots, we are committed to providing you superior products, advice, and services to help you get the most out of life.
We are currently looking for a customer- and team-oriented part-time Front Shop Customer Service Representative to join our Yurek Pharmacy & Home Healthcare team in St. Thomas, Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Acknowledges and greets all customers and maintains a friendly attitude towards all customers.
- Handles customers courteously, quickly and efficiently. Calls for help when a line up or delay occurs.
- Handles telephone enquiries quickly and courteously without ignoring in-store customers.
- Accurately records and handles cash transaction with a minimum of voids and errors.
- Develops and utilizes selling techniques and closing companion sales.
- Uses tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers and refers customers to management if a problem cannot be resolved.
- Assist customers with products outside the department and is knowledgeable of all in store promotions. Keeps other staff aware of promotions.
- Suggests methods and systems for measuring and improving the department’s service levels.
- Pays attention to store security and follows store policy with regard to shoplifters.
- Learns and utilizes proper merchandising techniques including product placement, stock rotation and facing. Maintains specific sections as allocated.
- Carries out housekeeping duties and makes sure the store is clean, neat and professional looking.
- Keeps checkouts stocked, neat, and clean.
Education, Skills and Job Requirements:
- Completion of High School diploma
- Some cashier or retail experience is preferred.
- Mature, well organized and cooperative attitude.
- Neat and well-groomed image.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with customers and co-workers.
- Develop an understanding of Finestra POS system.
- Flexibility of scheduled shifts.
Yurek has a very competitive compensation package and other perks including:
- Opportunity to receive discretionary cash bonuses twice per year
- Free coffee, tea, snacks, and fresh fruit available
- Waived dispensing fees at pharmacy as well as being able to purchase all retail and home healthcare items at cost
Qualified Team Players are invited to apply online by April 18, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will only be used for candidate selection.
Yurek is committed to a barrier-free respectful, and accessible work environment. Upon individual request, Yurek will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
- Secondary School (Required)